Sunday, February 7, 2010

How do i deal with the false image i have of my loving bf?

Ok ..well my bf and i had a huge fight...and everytime we have fights its usually because of his trust issues and jealousy problems....He doesn't stop me from doing things...but he gets upset when i do things he doesnt like...and i feel bad and go out of my way to make sure he knows he can trust me. Ok no i didnt cheat on him...it was his ex, she cheated on him twice and now he is all insecure and doesnt want the same things to happen to me. Whenever we fight i get really scared...he gets angry...he doesnt yell or anything...but he does swear (not at me)...he's never called me a ***** ..he's said things like dont be stupid...but everyone says that...He also has a tendency to take his anger out on a punching bag...and he's like ';we;re gonna smash that guy';...i know thats all just talk because he has never been in a fight before...and always avoids it...Ok so to get to the point....i have this misconception about my bf that is really getting in the way...and im not handling his issues too well...he looks to me to talk it out and instead i get angry at him for having those problems...get scared cause i feel like his jealousy will make him physically abusive and although we have been together for 1.5 years and he has never been rough with me...and is always only loving and affectionate to me...because i hear through things that insecure people can get all abusive....i get really scared and i dont help him when he wants 2 talk about something...and instead get all angry and defensive myself. What do i do about this? I talked to him about it...and what i think/feel and he was understanding but he got really insulted because he says that he loves and cares for me so much he could never be like that 2 me and that it sucks i see him this way and he doesnt know what to do...and neither do i? I really want to get rid of this whole scenario i have...he's been really supportive with friends, family and personal problems ive had recently...and although he wants me to himself a lot...hes put things past him to be there for me...so i love this guy...i just want to stop the false image of him,...how?How do i deal with the false image i have of my loving bf?
hmm.. just support him and talk to him all the time. tell him what you want and someday he'll listen. guys can act tough all the time but they're not, be patient.How do i deal with the false image i have of my loving bf?
Wow....That sounds like my problem. Well you should tell him you appreciate him being...somewhat protective of you, but remind him that you do have a life and that he has to accept that you will be around other people. If he gets pissed off once you tell him this,, then he doesnt care about hom you feel and isnt willing to put you before himself. If he backs off a little bit, then you know its working. Good luck!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment