Sunday, February 7, 2010

Why do people praise a false image of Jesus Christ?

The only depictions of Jesus Christ that we have are of what appears to be a white man with long brown hair and a beard. Naturally his eyes have been painted in colored assortments of blue to brown over the years.





(Perhaps the artists own eye color)





Basically my question is for those that see this image and keep these pictures in their lives for worship, but either accept or fail to understand that noone during that time period had long hair and that in most cases due to the location would not have had white skin. It would be more likely that Jesus had brown skin and black curly hair.





So why praise an image of the ';Son of God'; when you see that even the rendition of that character is falsified?Why do people praise a false image of Jesus Christ?
2 Corinthians 11:4 says this would happen Why do people praise a false image of Jesus Christ?
First: lets get something straight. ';noone'; isn't a word....it's ';no one';








Second: I don't and never have worshiped the picture of Jesus. I don't even have one in my house and never had. Frankly, I don't care what He looked like. It is the man Himself that truly is the issue.
Jesus wasn't white, he would be the color of the people of his region when he was walked the earth. Just like we would if we didn't move about. I don't care if Jesus is white, black or what ever I'll know him when I see him as my Lord and Savior. Just like if I had scars from burns over my entire body, he will still know me. He knows my heart and that's more important!
i think it is better to believe in him as we know about him, and not to picture him as we want and as we imagine,


just what we know,
Because so many people don't bother to learn they are following a Catholic depiction of Jesus, originating in the 14 - 1500's.


Even those that know it conclude if the Catholic church offers it, it must be true. Doih!!!.



If Jesus' personal features were important, then the Bible would have mentioned them. I, for one, do not care what Jesus Christ looked like. When I see Him again I will KNOW who He is.
I still don't understand why Christians celebrate the death of thier Jesus on Easter. Why would you celebrate the death of your god?
He's white because most Christians are white.
Well, it technically can't be false if he never even existed in the first place.
Yeah I've always wondered this too. And Christians aren't meant to worship false idols. Naughty naughty!
You don't worship his hair or eyes, just his teachings.
You are right and Christians realize this and you are raining on their parade.
why would you worship an idol period even if it was the perfect image of god? didnt he say not to worship idols?
Because there's no true one.
put your crack pipe down.......

No comments:

Post a Comment