Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Why do so many Americans have a false image of their country?

Americans just seem to have a view of their country that is not true. They always cite they are the ';freest country in the world'; when the freest country is probably the Netherlands. They always claim they are the leader of human rights in the world when the EU nations are focused more on that than the U.S. They claim they are the wealthiest in the world when the country with the highest GDP per capita is Luxembourg. They claim Americans are the smartest when the smartest countries are probably Japan and Finland. It seems like just because the U.S. freed Europe during WWII, they think they have the right to be arrogant. What do you think?Why do so many Americans have a false image of their country?
I blame Reagan.Why do so many Americans have a false image of their country?
I think personal pride is nothing to be ashamed of. I also think people have their own perspectives based on what they see, hear and know about the world and their country.





We do have more LIBERTIES than any nation in the world, some just come with punishment. This is typically where people confuse liberty and freedom when making the claim. in this country its borderline impossible to stop someone from doign something, you can punish after the fact though.





We do have more ';upward mobility'; than pretty much any other nation in the world, if not the greatest then we are ';right up there'; with everyone else.





As for ';smartest'; we do collect the most minds here, they may not have all be schooled here but we do have the greatest collection of minds......





As with everything its all a matter of perspective and I can tell you this, as much as I may complain/take issue with the way things are ran in this country there isn't another place I would rather live.









The truth and perception are not the same. Americans have been brainwashed to believe these things and too many do not have the intelligence to distinguish what is true and what is not. People get emotional and take it personal so any attack and they fight back even if they don't know what they are really fighting. Some people hate change. When I hear that I just laugh to myself. It's so empty. It's so meaningless. It's like saying, I hate rainy days. But you like what the rain can do. Ok, and then what? It is what it is. There's a joke that says war is what teaches Americans geography. Americans are not well educated on other countries around the world. It is not something that is emphasized. American education is very centrist. (focused on America)
I think the United States is the Greatest Country in the world. I have traveled to several different countries, and it was an eye opening experience. It was enough to make me literally kiss the ground when I stepped back onto American soil. I take pride in my country. Though you may see it as a fine line between pride and arrogance, I would expect a countryman of a different nation to feel the same way about their country. Love it, or leave it!!
Without the United States protection and role as worlds police ALL of those nations you named would actually have to spend money on their military's and defense. Take a big portion of those nations funding from education and social programs and put it into the military and see what happens over there. The US does alot more good for the west than harm. Europe also has a huge muslim problem, ask the French and British what i'm talking about.
';always cite';, ';always claim';....I suspect you are making the same mistake you claim Americans make.





The US is the largest economy in the world, is one of the top 10 in GDP per capita, leads the world in new patents and R%26amp;D spending, and leads the world in charitable donations. But perhaps I am just being arrogant, and I wasn't even alive during WWII.



That when it comes down to it.


We give more aid pubic and private to help the world than any other country.


All those countries you mention got their startup captial from the U.S.





When diaster strikes we are the first to show up to help and we don't care who they are.





We know what we are and sometimes we are not like for doing the right thing.


Just like a man who walk the Earth and told the truth he was nail to a tree for it.





You will never be popular by doing the right thing and that is OK because at the end of the day.


I can look in the mirror to know I did my best.
Truthfully, the average American isn't interested enough to research all the facts you mentioned. The average American flies the flag and forgets the retire it at dusk. The average American sticks a yellow ribbon on their car but will never let their kid enlist. Average Americans think patriotism is about keeping appearances, yet they never bother to meet their own standards. We're like people who drive a Lexus but live in the ghetto and have no money to put gas in it. It's all a front.
I'm an American and I still can't figure it out!! all I know is America better wake up, it's a new day and most intelligent people aren't going to stand for this ignorance!! wether your black, white, green or blue.





Becuz when you really get down to it ';WE ALL ARE'; trying to survive!! but you know what they will never admitt that america is as messed up as it is, that's problem.
The majority of people regardless of what country they reside in have a false image of their country.





Its just the way the psychology of people works, nobody ever wants to admit that the people they associate with have ever done anything evil.
Bro, I don't make any of those claims. I am:





1) Broke


2) Enslaved by my sadistic boss at a sandwich shop.


3) Never free to do anything but work and go to school


4)Wealthy...Ha! Good one.


5) An average student


6) not arrogant since I have nothing to be arrogant about.






I think once upon a time those things were true but not now. We have shot our selves in the foot. But the good thing about America is we have a pretty strong record of picking ourselves back up. Will we be the best I do not know but we will be better than we are now.
I agree. They also claim they have the best health care system in the world, when in fact many other countries have longer average lifespans--even Cuba.
We have an excellent propaganda program. We can sell anything.
We have the right to be arrogant. And we still protect Europe to this day.





.
I know we have the right to be arrogant. We have no false image.We are for real.
I think national pride is a wonderful thing.
we have the biggest baddest military, that's why
It may not be perfect, but I wouldn't trade it for any other.
Must explain why people from europe are bust trying to get into the U.S.
psssst.. we don't CARE what Europe thinks. Hasn't the message got through? W e fought a revolution 230 years ago to get away from their festering societies and establish our own.
1 word: Libtards

No comments:

Post a Comment