Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Why are people afraid to commit? Is it due to the soaps that give a false image of reality?

Soap operas give a false impression of reality. To exemplify: a good looking female or male would have the propensity of extramarital or infidelity affairs as compared to a Plain or ordinary couple. Or perhaps the movie industry is discouraging the general public from commiting on a long term basis. Open to anyoneWhy are people afraid to commit? Is it due to the soaps that give a false image of reality?
YOU MAY BE SO RIGHT. I look at this one soap , the young and the restless. AND every one switches partners every 6 months.Why are people afraid to commit? Is it due to the soaps that give a false image of reality?
I'm afraid of commitments.But the worst part is i expect that back.The world is showing fading faces n phases of commitments.The external exposures do play a crucial rule.But the influence of soap depends on one's personality n perspective.
That's Hollywood for you
TV ratings, commercials and drama, don't watch them. Want a clean soap, use Ivory...
I'm not sure if people really take tv that serious, I think its dealing with the changing times.





Look at the divorse rate, why would you want to be in a serious relationship if its just gonna end in divorse.





People nowadays are more promiscuose than before. They don't want to be tied down to one person.
Good question. In my journeys, I've found that people that cannot commit are afraid to commit to themselves. Infidelity is self insecurity, it is taught, but with perseverance and intelligence it can be overcome and commiting yourself to finding your own faults, istead of placing fault on others. Spouses %26amp; marriges often suffer because neither member is willing to find their own faults, therefore are quick to place responsibility on the other.
I don't watch soaps but my parents marriage was horrible. They basically yelled at each other for 27 years then finally divorced. I have friends that have married and divorced, and I've seen them go though the emotional trauma first hand, plus in some cases financial ruins.





I don't think you need to watch soaps to see all that.
cause all the gitters you get from the noncommitment are gone and there's less passion abt everything, or because when you commit, you depend on that person only and it's hard to trust one person and give yourself entirely to them
most men r afraid 2 commit coz they dont wana b stuck w/1 person..


they wana stay free %26amp; flirt w/as many girls they can
Many factors influence people not to commit, !Yes probably, exposure to a TV drama might give some hindrances, but mostly, some people does not want responsibilities,they are financially incapacitated,third parties, some wants many relationships tend to betray the partner and others wants to live free of nagging!
Hmmm, not sure i agree with this. I think most people that tune into Soaps do so as an 'escape' from reality. They know that life as portrayed in them is utterly disimilar to life's grim realities hence their popularity
I don't know because I don't have this problem and neither did my husband. He committed to me when we were 14 and 2,000 miles apart and here we are in college and still together 6 years later. I got amazingly lucky. His mother raised him right.. No telenovelas here ;)
(O.o) - Do u watch soap opera?
I do not know if it makes people afraid to commit but i just started watching Days of our lives and can easily see how it makes people feel like their romance isn't exciting or good enough they make my marriage seem boring but I'm old enough to realize real life doesn't work the way it does on TV
I haven't watched soaps for many years,.





I fear commitment because I have been deeply hurt in the past.





What bugs me is that the guys that I let my guard down and let them in my life .....they don't do the same. Then there are guys who totally want to connect with me and I don't want it.





I am getting old and hope that someday the freedom of commitment will come from both sides and I will be in a long term commitment.

No comments:

Post a Comment